Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Governement by News Release: Harper at Toyako

So Mr Harper attended the G8 summit, and committed to cutting green house gas emissions in half by 2050. How he will do this is something of a mystery, since he wont be in power long before that date is reached. How about a 1% reduction per year for the first 4 years, then 1.3% thereafter, with an option to accelerate as the economy adapts to new energy sources?

But such a plan would require doing something, other than producing press releases that say global warming is bad, and increased oil production is good, and we should do something. And Canada's New Government is at it's best spinning news releases and avoiding questions.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster