Saturday, August 30, 2008

Adam's Magnan's marathon; post 2

So today I covered 18 km in some 02:52h. It was easier, in some respects than last week. However I've stressed my thumb because of the awkward layout of my keyboard and mouse.

What has this to do with my training? Well I stop to do push ups, pull ups and other exercises each kilometer, and this minor injury stopped me from fully exerting myself. Fewer reps because my forearm would buckle.

I'll shoot for 20 km and completely circle arrondisment LaSalle next weekend. After that I'll try adding 3 kilometers per week until I can run 35 kilometers. At that point, the actual marathon will follow a week of tapering.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster