Thursday, August 07, 2008

Pandering part deux: The "in-and-out" scheme redux

Richard Cleroux neatly presents the Conservatives' "in-and-out" scheme and why it is corrupt. He also asks why so many of the MPs and candidates involved were from Quebec.

Despite the obliviousness of the core tory supporters, at some point, to qoute a great conservative "you can fool some of the people, some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time". Down south, the goal of the Bush administration was to fool enough of the people, enough of the time to get elected. This strategy has been embraced by the Conservative minority government up here in Canada. There is still hope that the Conservatives have stepped over the line enough times to start losing support among those still angry with the Liberals or worried about the Greens.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster