Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday recipe notes

As a departure from my political, philosophical and fitness oriented ruminations, here is my:
Stuffing Recipe 2008.

Saute 1 finely chopped onion in olive oil. When the onion is tranlucent,
Add 1 teaspoon of savoury, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg and four large cloves of garlic, mashed and chopped. Add a big dash(a quarter cup?) of Vermouth(I used Martini) and two cups of dried cranberries(Craisons?). Add the zest of half a lemon and a cup of water. Bring just to boil and take off the heat. Add 120 grams(about 4 cups?) of off-the-shelf bread crumbs and mix. Allow to cool thoroughly(overnight?) before stuffing Turkey.

I tossed the flavouring that came with the breadcrumbs. Obviously, I improvised this recipe some what. Next year I may add cooked chorizo sausage.


Updated!

My turkey was a success and so was the stuffing. Anton asked for a second helping so it must have been good.

Feel free to riff on this recipe- just remember, placing warm stuffing inside the turkey is a recipe for FOOD Poisoning. Stuffing should always be room temperature or cooler(but not frozen, either)

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster