Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not so shy

Hi!
Yes you who are reading this page. You know who you are. You know why you visit.
You can leave a message, as response.

But what will I say in return to your comment? That depends- my view is that you should write nothing that you've haven't the courage to say to someone's face. But leaving a note, perhaps with a question, why not?

It would only be a question, just a question. So, ask me, mysterious visitor- you are one of... several that drop by.

Shyness is still charming when most can make their subtlest intimacies a matter of public record, and don't understand the difference between fame and honour on the one hand, and notoriety and vulgarity on the other.

So say "hello". I don't bite unless asked(or provoked).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Risking fame, honour and notoriety, I bravely post…:)
My question is, simply…why?
Why…a question so often asked and so rarely adequately answered.
A question that applies to the whole human condition and yet can be simplified to suit any occasion.
I love the question why.
Why question?
Why search?
Why play golf? (unless with light artillery, I can see that)
Why believe?
Why philosophize?
Why blog?
Why bother?

Why?

I have many why's for you.

Anonymous said...

I have another question...actually, it's more of an interest in your opinion on a rather large and layered subject.
I want to know what some of your thoughts have been on human nature...a subject with the potential to open up a lovely can of worms...
You up for it?
?
:)

Anonymous said...

Guess not. ;)

adamvs said...

I guess this whole blog is commentary on human nature. But trying to offer a succinct blog post would be pretty difficult.

Human Nature: Mostly harmless, except to itself.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't think that there could be a better way to put it than the way you just did!
Perfect!
I hope you don't mind if I quote you.
:D

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster