Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bully politics

The case of Suaad Hagi Mohamud reveals the fundamentally bullying attitude of the Conservative government, and their inability to take effective responsibility or even say they are sorry.

The fact that Mohamud is black only emphasises that the current government sees Canadians as "Us and them" and only Conservative party supporters, of the correct ethnicity, creed and regional location are really citizens deserving of treatment as such.

Over-reacting to a declining crime rate, under reacting to the economic downturn(spent us into a deficit without achieving anything), under-reacting to the environmental and climate change issues facing us, and our children and their children, wasting our taxes by stymieing their own government by playing childish political games in Parliamentary committees(where the heavy lifting of government policy takes place) , leaves me wondering why they bother even pretending to govern.

Vote out these losers before they waste anymore of our money. I want a government, not a self-licking ice cream cone of second-rate public relations flacks bent only on power at any cost- and failing at that, to boot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I want a government, not a self-licking ice cream cone of second-rate public relations flacks bent only on power at any cost- and failing at that, to boot."

You mean there's a government that DOESN'T do that?
There's that human nature issue again. Intentions become skewed when power is introduced.
Observed on every level, it's merely one of the great human flaws...to take advantage.
:)

adamvs said...

But power is always present. And cynicism about it doesn't help the discourse. By all means, I think being critical of a given government, and its systems of organisation is necessary but simply saying its all inherently corrupt encourages a deterioration of political institutions.

I actually wrote a much longer response, but it never published, so this shorter one will have to do.

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster