Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Triathlon, philosophy, music oh my

Hmmm, my blog's title states that I'll talk about politics(check), booze(check), philosophy(check, because everything is philosophy), but I've yet to mention triathlon or music. And to be honest I haven't explicitly mentioned my interest in phenomenology and aesthetics as a means to answering questions raised by Kant and addressed inadequately 'ahem' by Schopenhauer.

I've returned to the gym after a 5 year absence. The new Downtown YMCA in Montreal was a victim of it's own success and after working there as a fitness instructor for a few months, I left, all the while pining for the old arrangement with the cardio and weight rooms on seperate floors. The new Y had too many members and was excessively crowded all the time.

My wife and I took out memberships at a private Gym in Gatineau, and it has that good feeling of being active, without feeling crammed.

As for my training, I completed a half marathon last year, and I want to do a marathon in 2007. Oh but how the conditioning has slipped. My performance is Slow, Painful and with Much Work to do to regain my former speed and endurance.

As for music, I'm still writing and looking for other musicians. Sheila is a wonderful drummer, but hates playing live. As soon as myspace figures out how to allow canadian registrations, I'll post some mp3s of our originals.

If you happen to drop by why not leave me a note?

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster