Sunday, December 17, 2006

world wide war of the flea

Perhaps, to follow up on my last post, Iraq is not keeping the insurgents at bay. Perhaps, Iraq is where the terrorists have the USA pinned down, while they re-establish themselves in Aghanistan, Somalia and other countries. Perhaps we are seeing a the early stages of a global insurgency. The strategies of the United States in Vietnam failed, and those same strategies are failing in Iraq. But from an insurgents point of view, they can spread beyond the borders of nations.

Mr Bush's commitment to protect the Bin Laden family, and the oil interests they, other Saudi's and the Bush family share, may have not only embroiled the United States in a pointless war, but allowed the jihadi's to grow in strength. Now, bled of wealth and force of arms, the US cannot fight effectively the broad, small unit counterinsurgency war that it must. A war where nation building takes almost complete precedence over war fighting. A war where economic development is the only viable strategic weapon. And a war where national boundaries are virtually irrelevant to the insurgents.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster