Thursday, March 13, 2008

Burying a burial; So this is fiscal conservatism

So Mr.Harper's fiscally conservative, responsible government spent $50 000 to spin a report on climate change. Then they quietly released it because it was leaked a day early. So they wasted the equivalent of a Canadian family's yearly income to create spin they didn't even use.

The general sense is the Conservatives don't like climate science. This report is apparently warning of extensive changes in Canada's climate. The idea that the environment has limits for human impact and that consumption and pollution of of eco-system has real costs is not inline with current Tory notions. Ostensibly they cut the fanfare because the report was leaked. If they supported the work of these scientists, what difference would it make?

This government is leaking like the Titanic. It hasn't hit bottom yet.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster