Thursday, March 06, 2008

Clinton vs Obama: experience and change

I saw this comment in the Washington Post replying to an article about potential strategies that would allow Sen. Clinton to win the democratic nomination.

"LET ME JUMP THE GUN on the Obama strategy to fight this one. Obama has to go negative without appearing to go negative. Here is how to do that:

Compose a 30 second commercial of just Hillary, in Hillary's greatest hits: A health care disaster in 1993, she couldn't get it passed with a Democratic Senate, Congress, and husband for President. Travelgate. Whitewater. A 10,000% profit on her one and only venture into commodities, still unexplained. Missing records, found years later in the white house. A vote on Iraq. Bill on TV saying "I did not have sex with that woman". Bill talking about what the definition of "is" is. Hillary talking to Russert about a vast right wing conspiracy.

Close with Barack Obama, saying "I am Barack Obama, and I approve this message because it is time for a Change in Washington."

If she argues this is negative, he can counter that it is just the facts, Ma'am. If they can find her saying them. Her experience in politics is my experience of her, and it is not good. I am no researcher, but it shouldn't be hard to put together 30 or 60 seconds of Hillary press conferences over her 8 years as First Lady."

-Posted by: tonycastaldo | March 6, 2008 07:29 AM


I've often thought that experience means nothing if it doesn't change a candidate.


No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster