Tuesday, March 04, 2008

With friends like these:the National Post on the Cadman case

The National Post has narrowed the focus of the Cadman bribery accusations to this:

The person on trial is the person on tape admitting that "individuals" representing the Conservative Party of Canada were in last-ditch discussions to procure Mr. Cadman's pivotal vote at a critical time for a teetering Liberal government.

Instead of clearing that up, Mr. Harper has now unleashed lawyers to muffle the noise with a defamation action against the Liberals for alleging on their Web site that he'd known about a Cadman bribe. If the Prime Minister was trying to turtle the Liberals back inside their political shells, he apparently misjudged Stephane Dion.

Don Martin, National Post 4th March, 2008

Instead of obsfucating, Mr. Harper should be authorising an RCMP investigation. When Don Martin starts pressing the Conservative party on accusations of corruption, it is time to bring down the Government and set the RCMP to uncovering the facts.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster