Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tory souverainistes; Is Harper just Mulroney redux?

In todays Globe and Mail:

Tories plan to bolster Quebec in Constitution


Is this another cynical tory ploy to boost their fortunes in quebec by making an alliance with those that would eviscerate our country? Remember that Brian Mulroney used a similar alliance with the Parti Quebecois in the 1980's to gain power. That political strategy raised the fortunes of the PQ and lead to the rise of Lucien Bouchard, the Bloc Quebecois and the 1995 referendum.

This cynicism, on the part of the current government, has brought Canada to an existential crisis before. It must not be allowed to happen again.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster