Friday, October 10, 2008

Speaking of Muzzles; The conservatives and Le conseil

Le Conseil de Patronat is one of the biggest business organizations in Quebec. So they send out a questionaire about policy to the five major parties. Only the Conservatives don't respond.

I suppose if I was a Tory I would feel uncomfortable (but what a lame excuse that is) about answering a questionaire from say Equiterre (environmentalists), the FTQ (unionists) or ELAN(artistists) but Le Conseil? That represents the Conservatives' natural constituency. If Stephen Harper feels he either can or should ignore one of the most powerful groups in Quebec, then no one should be surprised if he loses seats there, next Tuesday.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster