Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baked Red snapper

So last Sunday's dinner was Red Snapper. The boy had requested a fish, so this is my first attempt at preparing a whole fish. We selected a fresh looking, bright red fish ('Vivaneau' en Québec) and had him cleaned by the fishmonger at the local grocery.


I stuffed the red snapper with some onions and cilantro, drizzled both sides of the fish with olive oil, then wrapped it in aluminum foil. The package then rested in a baking pan in a 425 F oven for 35 minutes.

I served it with a corn and red pepper compote seasoned with tumeric, and some steamed greens.

The end result wasn't as pretty as I'd hoped, but tasted fine.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster