Sunday, March 15, 2009

breaking the pattern

I graduated from elementary school into a recession. It didn't really effect me, nor did the recession of '81 when I graduated from high school. The recession of '91- Mulroney and Tories did that- arrived as I was finishing university and starting out in the film and TV business. I dropped out of grad school just as the Dot com bubble fizzled in 2000. 


Now I'm back in grad school at the front of an economic depression. It's kind of nice to simply assume a modest standard of living, rather than being forced to accept one. People still need teachers, although they don't really value learning on an emotional level. I'll be finished my Phd when there will be a shortage of professors, around 2012-2015.

The gutless bastards who can't accept the changes don't deserve anything but contempt. If you need post-modern deconstruction of a cultural object, a lesson in the past-progressive tense or drywall installed, give me a call. I can do it all... for price. 

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster