Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Smell Grows; More Harper Conservatives' Scandals

According to The Canadian Press, Sen. Leo Housakos, a recent Harper appointee( I thought Mr. Harper would not appoint Senators on principle) worked for BPR engineering while sitting in the Senate, and resigned his position shortly after BPR received a large contract based on the stimulus package.

UPDATED

Housakos has also been linked to the Construction industry kickback scandal in Quebec.

After declaring an end to "cheque book" politics it seems the Conservatives are again bribing taxpayers with their own money. By attaching signs to every bit of maintenance they hope to appear active- of course all this advertising costs money. But they don't mind as it evades election laws that limit how much political party's can spend. Remember the "in and out" scandal?

Now revelations are surfacing that the stimulus package is overwhelming being distributed where it will best serve Tory election interests.

Stay tuned for more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the Liberals concentrated funds on Liberal ridings and now the Conservatives are doing the same.
Of course they are.
They were bullied and now they have the upper hand.
We all remember playing King Of The Hill. Very school yard...but then isn’t that what politics is? Political?
(Cue circus music)
:)

adamvs said...

Ok, look at this;

http://www.cpac.ca/forms/index.asp?dsp=template&act=view3&pagetype=vod&lang=e&clipID=3118

I don't think cynicism is an answer(although I enjoy it when I am in a grumpy mood).

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster