Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tony Clement's adscam

The overspending of the Canada's New Government for the  G20 summit reflects an arrogance and stupidity that is appalling. Tony Clement, the tory minister of Industry, has seen vast sums spent in his riding to build new buildings, upgraded facades and the like. Ostensibly, this has been to prepare the town of New Sydney, in the Muskokas for the visit of the world leaders, their entourages and the global press that follows them. Unfortunately, New Sydney is thirty kilometers from the nearest G20 venue. These expenses are obviously pork-barreling for a prominent Conservative minister.

This is fiscal conservatism? These guys just aren't smart enough to try an adscam- and they have lifted a lot more money in their clumsy corruption.

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster