Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Rob Lutes with Mike O'brien at the Black Sheep Inn

A big shout out to Rob Lutes who played a great set at the Black Sheep Inn in Wakefield, Québec last sunday. He's been playing with Rob MacDonald- a fine bandleader himself- for over ten years.
Macdonald says"It's almost like being married".

As musicians, they are almost like guitar Vishnu's- one super being with many hands playing together. This tightness helps propel Lute's songs, especially in a live setting, to an exceptionally passionate level.

Opening was Michael James "Mike" O'Brien a young Montréal-based singer songwriter. His deep baritone anchors his personality through the broad range of styles he embraces as a song writer. Highly recommended.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster