Monday, December 14, 2009

Freedom of speech? No thanks, we're Tories!

So Dimitri Soudas, chief public relations officer for Prime Minister Stephen Harper lambasts Steven Guilbeault, cofounder of Quebec-based Equiterre, for critiquing the government's very limited policies for dealing with climate change. He also blamed Guibeault for the prank of disseminating fake news releases suggesting the government will actually propose bold and useful changes to fuel consumption and support of developing nations to lower their carbon emissions. Cost about $1.25 a day per Canadian. And could have broken the deadlock between the developed and developing nations. It could have shown leadership.

Soudas said that the criticism of government environmental policy was anti-Canadian. I think that line deserves Soudas' firing.

No comments:

 
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
-E.M. Forster